Deliveo’s dispatch interface is designed for the staff who operationally manage the courier service. From the dispatch interface, all Deliveo functions can be viewed, managed and configured. The level of access can be set per menu item and per user. The interface is essential for using Deliveo. As part of the overall Deliveo system, the Dispatcher Interface can be used in more than 10 languages and we are open to additional language translations.
Main functions of the dispatcher interface
- Direct delivery and pick-up by the dispatcher
- Forecast of new orders not yet placed.
- A courier order started by the Customer can be modified, completed, cancelled.
- Clearing of couriers for delivery charges.
- Bulk parcel transport between parcel locations and couriers (also with barcode reader).
- You can also set different currencies per shipment for cash on delivery (EUR, HUF, USD, etc…)
- All Deliveo interfaces are multilingual
- Accurate tracking of returned postal orders – no more forgotten or duplicate returns!
- Export option to other programs
- Route optimization
- Bulletin board functionality: content written by the dispatcher is displayed on customer interfaces
Create a new shipment
1) Shipment creation by manual recording: the dispatcher can create a new shipment in the admin interface or the customer can create a new shipment in the Customer interface either manually or by importing a file
2) Create a shipment electronically: shipments can be sent to Deliveo from proprietary systems or web stores via the API.
Package forwarding to other service providers
This feature allows the courier service to pass on a delivery or pick-up job to other courier services. In this case, Deliveo acts as a proxy. The services of the partner courier services are displayed in Deliveo and a parcel label is generated for the partner. The status information of the parcels delivered to the partner courier service is returned to Deliveo. We are open to establishing API connections to additional courier services.
Deliveo has advanced communication skills. It is able to send e-mails and/or SMS to the sender and/or the recipient in the following cases, but not limited to:
- On dispatch of the parcel (to sender / consignee)
- On successful delivery of the parcel (to sender / recipient)
- Unsuccessful delivery attempt (to sender / recipient)
Deliveo can organise the addresses on your vehicles in the optimal order, saving you time and travel. The starting point of the optimisation can be a fixed starting point (e.g. for goods distribution) or the current position of the vehicle (for courier services). The optimisation can be based on time or distance. This function can also be used to plan a tour (drive-in) to obtain the total route length and driving time (taking into account the loading times per address that can be set.)
- Number of packages per week
- Deliveries by hour
- Customer statistics (average daily dispatch, spending, number of parcels dispatched, average weight of parcels)
- Courier statistics (average daily delivery, revenue generated, number of addresses/parcels delivered)
- Automatic weekly/daily report to defined email address on periodic operations (number of parcels, revenue, etc.)
- Bounce back statistics filtered by customer and courier
Deliveo’s advanced rule-based operation allows a small number of dispatchers to serve high traffic volumes. We believe that well-established rules alone save Deliveo many times the cost. Rules can be run automatically (event-driven) or manually (manually, at the touch of a button). Deliveo supports rule-based operations in three areas:
Fare calculation based on rules
Service fees are set accurately and automatically. The pricing rule is run when each package is created, so the service fee is available throughout the life of the package.
Delegation to a partner
Assignment of tasks to couriers
Delivery in time frame
Often, the originator will link the dispatch and/or delivery of the parcel to a time window. In this case, the courier has a predefined window of time to pick up or deliver the parcel. Deliveo supports the time window service: it is possible to specify both a pick-up and a delivery time window when a parcel is dispatched. These data are displayed in the courier’s application, so the courier will know exactly when to pick up or deliver the shipment. The courier can also see the opening hours assigned to addresses (e.g. for deliveries to shops) in the app.
Warehouse management / fulfilillment
Nowadays, parcel delivery and warehousing often merge. In practice, this means that the shipping company keeps the goods of the webshop operator (merchant) in its own warehouse and packs and delivers them as required (“fulfilment” service). Deliveo supports this process with a simple warehousing function. The stock replenishment can be done by both the freight forwarder and the merchant. Main functions of the warehouse module:
- The courier service can operate a mini warehouse for its customers
- Delivered items (with stock management enabled) are deducted from the stock (returned in case of failed delivery)
- Virtual product” is supported, i.e. the product does not run out
- Stock changes are logged and can be seen by the dispatcher and the customer
- Items can be accompanied by EAN code, item number, volume, weight and photo
Logging is an effective tool for troubleshooting and investigating unexpected processes. The following logs are available in Deliveo:
- SMS and email logs to keep track of sent notifications
- Batch log for logging actions on shipments
- API log for logging data flowing on the API
- Stock log to log changes in stock
- Partner log to log communication with partners
In some cases, due to the unusually large number of mailings, it is faster for the dispatcher to perform certain operations in bulk. Deliveo supports the following operations in bulk:
- Perform mass tasks assigned to couriers (parcel pick-up and delivery)
- Handling the return of postal deliveries
- Create custom export files and save them as templates for later use
Convenient package creation is supported by an advanced address management module. The system saves the addresses (per customer) to which customers have already sent a parcel, so the next time you send a parcel, you only need to enter the first 3 letters of the address and the system will offer the full address. Customers can maintain their own address book, but Deliveo’s system also allows the creation of so-called “Global Addresses”. The system also saves the coordinates for the addresses, which can be modified independently of the address, so that it is possible to determine exactly where the courier should pick up or deliver the parcel.
Any add-on can be added to Deliveo via API connections, so you can use them within the system as if they were part of the Deliveo system. You can create your own add-on, or we can develop a custom add-on for you!